Nurture Health and Fitness is proudly sponsoring a new Northamptonshire trail running event this summer, the Winwick Hall Charity Trail Race. It promises to be a fantastic day out with the new 5 and 13 Km routes taking in some spectacular rural scenery set predominately off road on undulating trails.
All profits from the race will be shared between the Bruce Green Foundation, West Haddon Primary School PTA and the Ultra Tour of Mont Blanc Environmental Protection Charity. These charities work to help disadvantaged children in Northamptonshire, support the learning environment of local primary school children and safeguard the impact of trail running in mountainous regions, respectively.
By sponsoring the races, along with other local businesses, Nurture is helping to cover the costs of the event and ensure that every entry fee goes to these charities. Entrants can also download race sponsorship forms to further contribute to these causes or raise money for their own personal charity.
So, great causes but what’s in it for you?
1) For the serious runner
• Professional chip timing
• Extremely well marked course
• Chance to set new course records over 5 and 13 Km routes
• Place and age category prizes
• On site post-race massage
2) For the fun runner
• Group warm up at start
• Photographers around the course
• Friendly marshals and water stations
3) For families and junior runners
• Fully roped 200m, 400m and 1500m courses
• Buggies, baby carriers and hand-holding welcomed on childrens’ courses
• Pre-bookable creche for children of running parents
• Bouncey castle
• Face painting
4) For the walkers
• No cut-off times
• Fully marshalled course with sweeper
5) For All
• Finishers’ bag with race T-shirt and goodies
• Spot prize raffle with every entry
• Fully licensed bar
• Hot and cold food, including vegetarian and vegan vendors
• Winwick Hall Tea Pavililon
• Ice cream van
• Local tradestands and charity stalls
Inspired by this event, I have designed some specific “Snail to 5 or 13 Km Trail” Programmes. With Nurture’s help there is no reason why you can’t make this event an achievable and enjoyable goal. Click below to learn how to train safely and successfully and start your trail running adventures.